Monday, February 16, 2009

Gotta love God's timing!

So I'm reading my devotion this morning, and the reading is Deuteronomy chapter 2. In it, Moses and the Israelites travel thru various lands and are told by God to not engage in war with any of them, even though it's implied that these are hostile folks. One of the lands they travel through is Mount Se'ir, which is the land of Esau.

So I got curious and wondered where Mount Se'ir was and did a Google search. I ended up at this website whose web address might lead you to believe that it's a resource for Christians to research various origins of the Bible. Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. What it is, in fact, is a collection of articles written by the website's author proclaiming how everything in the Bible is false, that Jesus is not the Messiah, blah blah blah. I didn't spend too much time there, as my only curiosity regarding this site was wondering WHY someone would devote such a lengthy diatribe to prove something doesn't exist.

So, back to my devotion and prayer time, and the following Bible verse was waiting for me:

Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the Lord, exercising
lovingkindness, judgment, and
righteousness in the earth.

(Jeremiah 9:23-24, emphasis mine)

It truly amazes me when God foresees my distractions and plans for them!

In Him and around the corner (and just wanting to say, "HA!")

Al

1 comment:

The Goddess said...

Hey, Al.

I don't know you, but I know Jake and I have been inspired by many comments you have left on his blog. SOOOO I thought I'd mosey over to your blog and see what it is all about. I agree, you gotta love God's timing. I'm not the most obedient Christian, but I will say that I do love God with all my heart and have committed to TRY to follow his plan - as much as I understand it.

I subscribe to a daily devotion online, because even though it is easy to "forget" to sit and have a quiet time, I just can't bring my self to delete an email titled "God's Minute" without reading it first. There have been MANY times that the message for the day was EXACTLY what I needed to hear at the EXACT time I needed to hear it!