Monday, March 9, 2009

Emphasize THIS

Against You, You only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in Your sight --
That You may be found just when You speak,
And blameless when You judge (Psalm 51:4).

The same passage with one word highlighted:

Against You, You only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in Your sight --
That You may be found just when You speak,
And blameless when You judge


Now, that's the way we normally read it: that we would find out that God is a just and loving God. However, in my four-hour-sleep-deprived state this morning, I inadvertently emphasized a different word:

Against You, You only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in Your sight --
That You may be found just when You speak,
And blameless when You judge


God speaks, and I am found. God speaks, and He finds me. Or you. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Lord, please speak to me and find me. Not on my terms, but on yours.

In Him and around the corner (and out in the open),

Al

PS: The ducks are back!!! Folks in my neighborhood might know who I'm talking about. There's these two ducks, a mallard and.... a brown one. Last spring, they walked all over the neighborhood, like an old couple out for an evening stroll. For some reason, they loved our street and were constantly camping out in front of our neighbor's houses and sometimes my house. I guess this is how we tell when spring has returned around here!

1 comment:

Sue R said...

The ducks that look like mallards are males. The brown ones are the females. Their coloring makes it easier for them to hide while they're nesting. Since I live close to the pond, sometimes I've had them nesting in my garden, and I don't see those females until they get spooked by my presence.