Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I am going round and round....

Okay, this was a God moment. There is no other explanation for what just happened.

I had just finished typing out a long dark night of the soul almost-prayer, using the title of tonight's entry (taken from the Who's "In a Hand or Face" from The Who By Numbers) as my starting point, went to highlight the whole thing for copying elsewhere and it just.... disappeared. Just like a prayer, lifted up to the Lord, out of my hands and into His.

I tried hitting Ctrl-Z to try and bring it back, tried Ctrl-V in hopes it had accidentally been cut/copied. Tried to go back to the auto-saved draft. Nothing.

What do you make of this? Computer glitch? This isn't the first time I've done this process, but it's the first and (so far) only time it's ever evaporated right before my eyes.

It's just a reminder that when I pray, I need to let God take my prayer. I don't know about y'all, but my "amens" rarely signal that I'm ready to let go of what I'm supposed to be giving to God. Oh, what peace I often forfeit; oh, what grief and pain I bear. All because I do not carry everything to God in prayer. I believe He just showed me tonight how it's supposed to be done.

Amen, baby.

In Him and around the corner (and still in awe),

Al

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al, if it helps, I was away from my computer the other day and thinking of things for my blog and whatnot and I had a list of about 4-5 things I wanted to remember. There were clever turns of phrases and all sorts of wise thoughts. But, it seemed the moment I went to the computer to get them down, I forgot almost all of it. I was perplexed. Usually I can hang onto thoughts for longer than that. (Something perhaps disputed by Libby!). But, as I reflected on that time, I began to realize that the time that I spent thinking and praying the other day was just meant between me and God. Sometimes I think God just wants to be alone with us and our thoughts. Kinda like a parent with lots of kids taking time out with just one of them. Special time.

Al Rearick said...

Yes, it's almost as if God said, "No, I want that one. I'll give you something else to share with everyone else, but I want this one for me." Who am I to stand in His way?